Here we are – 2020 has not treated us that well since the beginning and there is not much we can do about it apart from listening to all the guidelines, do’s and do not’s. I work with people and as much as I complain about the society and how people work and do stuff I do miss the times where I could have pointless little conversations with whoever would come in for a pint or two to the bar where I work.
I’m surrounded by people, we have six people in the house at the moment so not having anyone to talk to is not an issue, what is an issue is the fact that it still feels slightly lonely over here.
What do I do for myself in order to keep myself sane? Well there you go my sunshines.
- Catch up on reading and plan some reviews for you guys – I haven’t had enough time to read all of the books stacked up in my room, however, now because I don’t leave the house almost at all I finally can catch up on everything I gathered on my reading list.
- Learn how to cook – yes, I’m about to turn 23 and I’m a terrible cook! I try my best but I simply do not have the patience for it. I have been promising myself that I’ll learn how to cook for years now and I guess now it’s the perfect time to do it!
- Get back on track with my skin care routine – I haven’t been the best when it comes to taking care of myself, constantly busy, constantly working on projects or in the bar, I don’t remember when was the last time I got to sleep for 8 hours. I can’t stand not being busy but this constant run from one project to another made me slightly forget about myself. What could be better than a quiet day in with a face mask on, scented candle and a book? Nothing if there’s also a cup of tea included.
- Keep up with my journal – writing down my thoughts is very important, especially when I don’t feel great. Self-isolating proved to me that I might be an introvert, however, I still do love to be around people, best if they don’t really talk to me, but there is something that makes me feel safe when I’m surrounded by strangers having conversations.
- Watch every series I wanted to see for ages! – not very productive, I know, it’s so relaxing though!
During the time that later on we will all read about in history books, please do stay safe AND sane! Now all we have is each other so show some love to yourself, your body and soul and your loved ones. When was the last time you called your gran??