I had quite a lot of stuff on my mind lately so I decided to go back to some of my all time favourite movies to relax and have some quality me time. There are some movies that even though I’ve seen countless times I still love going back to and I decided to share some of them with you!
- Frank – this 2014 black comedy has never failed to put a smile on my face. Directed by Lenny Abrahamson Frank tells a story about an aspiring songwriter who joins a rather peculiar band and goes with them on a tour filled with funny, sad and heart-warming moments. Also the leader wears a paper mask on his head at all times.
2. The Tourist – 2010 American romantic thriller co-written and directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck is one of those easy evening watch kind of films. Maths teacher Frank meets an alluring stranger played by Angelina Jolie during his Europe trip. The European romance quickly turns into a run for Frank’s life as very dangerous people thinks that he is the one they are looking for.
3. The Help – 2011 period drama written and directed by Tate Taylor and adapted from Kathryn Stockett’s 2009 novel tells a story about Southern society girl returning home after college dreaming of becoming a writer. She interviews black women who used to work for rich white families. The girl quickly discovers the ugly truth that was hidden behind tall walls of beautiful houses.
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s – true masterpiece from 1961 directed by Blake Edwards and written by George Axelrod losely based on Truman Capote’s novella. A romantic comedy about love, lust, money and desire. A must watch embodied with Tiffany’s gold.
5. Perks of being a Wallflower – 2012 American coming-out-of-age drama written and directed by Stephen Chbosky. Story about a teen suffering from anxiety going back to school and trying to find himself there. A beautiful story about friendship. love and growing up in 1992 America. If you want to see Ezra Miller alongside Emma Watson and Logan Lerman on screen – give it a watch!